| |

UC FORUM

Forgot password?
 register
View: 1227|Reply: 15

[Others] Why I said GOODBYE to UC recently (an analysis)?

[Copy link]
Post time: 19-1-17 20:48:36 From the mobile phone
| Show all posts |Read mode
Edited by tari42 at 21-1-17 23:15

Hi, everyone. In this article or whatever, I'll tell you why I said goodbye to UC recently. My purpose is not comparing UC with the browser I switched to now but letting everyone know why I did that. I've been using UC for last few years (as the one and only) and I switched to it because of its great performance. But lately it’s been a pain in the neck. For low RAM phones, and tech savvy guys, unwanted services running in the back and more are unbearable. First of all let’s talk about my overall disappointments with UC:

1.        Too many services running in background even when you exit, like, PushProxyService, LockScreenService (even when you disable any kind of screen lock option in UC), IntlRemoteBackground, ChannelService, AgooService, RemoteDownload and NotificationService (There used to be an ElectionService, too). No matter if you kill them; they come back in seconds, even before you leave the Android built-in Application Manager after killing them. Why can’t UC just stop being smart when people choose it to be (or must be able to, to choose so)?
2.        Unwanted, forced news (No direct option to turn off. Somehow, I once found an option in Settings > Homepage settings> UC News Display > Card. Then using “Card Manager” on homepage I disabled all news in v11.0.5 and later, once, in 11.1.x.. Worse is that “Homepage settings” can disappear later leaving you no way to turn the news off. Uninstalling and then reinstalling may help.)
3.        Unwanted, forced UC music (No option to turn off. It is the default one if you want to play an audio file directly from the “Download list” and you can't change. When opened, it asks you for a lot of things, like, lyrics showing, earphone settings etc. And even doesn’t work properly sometimes.) Why forcing users?
4.        No option to edit homepage.
5.        Useful options like “Find in page” are located so deep instead of long-tap/touch. And “UC music”  and “Themes” are nearer.
6.        Speed Dials can only be added, cannot be edited.
7.        Forced ads on Homepage and the top right corner of the Menu (when you click the middle button, you know).
8.        UC crashed every time when I chose “Image” while uploading (“Files” worked fine though).
9.        No editing and adding of new Search Engine (not a problem for me but anyway, a lack of something)
10.        Facebook notifications were mostly fake for me (Turned off later. I’m not an FB fan, anyway)
11.        Very slow loading of sites, like, IMDb, some blog type sites and many more.
12. It resonses very slow with more than 2, 3 tabs opened or a long, heavy page loading.
13. Sucks RAM with unwanted service and proceses running in the background and thus-
14. Slowing down my phone and its response in other applications also. Even opening number pad and dialing a phone number would be very, very slow. Many times killing UC gave my phone a boost.

There could be more that skipped my mind right now. I was ignoring the above mentioned for a long time but recently I updated to v11.1.x and it just added to them.
My disappointments in new UC 11.1.x:

1.        Options like “Select and copy” almost vanished. (No “Select and copy” if you long-tap a link. It instead has a “Copy text” and “Copy link” options. “Copy text” can work but what if you want to copy only a little part of the text?
2.        Missing “View Page Info” (It helps to see the title of the page and the url of course (with “Copy” option), and few others. It was very useful to see before you copy the link.)
3.        Because of “View Page Info”, its next ones, “Expand” (not really useful for me) and “Search” are also missing of course.
4.        Uploading through “Image” still remains a problem.

There could be more that skipped my mind right now.

For those who would wonder to know my phone name and other specs: I used UC on Samsung GT-7262 on TataDoCoMo, Airtel and Wifi.
In the end, I’m not saying that UC offended me doing that. Why would it be? But I've found the another one ahead of it.

Rate

Number of participants 1Money +10 Collapse Reason
amine98 + 10 I and many others are hesitating to leave UC because of this.

View Rating Log

Post time: 21-1-17 23:02:13 From the mobile phone
| Show all posts
I am facing Same here Uc is just ram sucker app now with almost unwanted and nobody asked features. By the way what browser are you using now...
Post time: 22-1-17 01:34:12 From the mobile phone
| Show all posts
Edited by tari42 at 21-1-17 23:05
Boss42O 21-1-17 20:32
I am facing Same here Uc is just ram sucker app now with almost unwanted and nobody asked features.  ...

Yeah, you are right. BTW, I use Opera and Opera Mini. Even Opera Mini is great! Ad blocker, data saving, etc.
Post time: 22-1-17 14:43:51
| Show all posts
tari42 22-1-17 01:34
Yeah, you are right. BTW, I use Opera and Opera Mini. Even Opera Mini is great! Ad blocker, data s ...

Hi.
Spot on post. Even, I am fed up of UC Browser.
But having said that, I tried may be 50 other browsers and disappointed with them. Had to uninstall them also.
In Opera Mini, how to save pictures like we can in UC Browser (long tap and options come)? I can't as I need to open the link in new tab.
Also, no Text Copy is available.
Post time: 22-1-17 20:44:32 From the mobile phone
| Show all posts
Nowdays UC browser is nothing but a adware. I quit it like a year ago. Using Opera right now.
Screenshot_20170122_181015.jpg
Post time: 23-1-17 01:05:10 From the mobile phone
| Show all posts
I use opera mini in my nokia s40 and for my symbian and android handsets i use opera mobile, opera mobile eat ram but give better performance and better javascript support. UI of opera mobile is much better(sorry for mistak T9 problem).  
Post time: 24-1-17 09:51:52 From the mobile phone
| Show all posts
m.i.khilji 22-1-17 12:13
Hi.
Spot on post. Even, I am fed up of UC Browser.
But having said that, I tried may be 50 other b ...

I don't know what version of Opera/Opera Mini you tried but what you said (saving image, copy text) is available in Opera Mini 21.0 on long-tap.
Post time: 26-1-17 19:00:45
| Show all posts
I am using version 21.0.2254.111920 on my mobile.
Yet, no Copy / Paste and Save Picture options are available!
Post time: 26-1-17 22:37:00
| Show all posts
m.i.khilji 26-1-17 16:00
I am using version 21.0.2254.111920 on my mobile.
Yet, no Copy / Paste and Save Picture options are  ...

That is way too old. Latest is 42.1 and has everything..
Screenshot_20170126_200045.jpg
Post time: 29-1-17 21:14:42
| Show all posts
bUT WHATEVER U SAY UC IS BEST ON DATA SAVINGS
Post time: 30-1-17 15:58:56
| Show all posts
U are talking about Opera and not Opera Mini!
I am talking about that.
Post time: 31-1-17 00:36:57 From the mobile phone
| Show all posts
RRajiBB 26-1-17 20:07
That is way too old. Latest is 42.1 and has everything..

Yeah, that's (version 42.1) Opera latest, Opera Mini is separate thing.
Post time: 8-2-17 14:54:21 From the mobile phone
| Show all posts
http://forum.ucweb.com/member.php?mod=joinuc&mobile=2
Post time: 8-2-17 14:55:35 From the mobile phone
| Show all posts
I'm always having problem with uc javascript that I sometimes have to load my website on other browsers. .  Complained and sent feedbacks but no one seem to be doing anything.  Only reason I still have uc is the video integration.  Even ad block blocks some images which are not ads and I don't know how to turn them off.
Post time: 8-2-17 17:39:21
| Show all posts
Amosy007 8-2-17 14:55
I'm always having problem with uc javascript that I sometimes have to load my website on other brows ...

Sorry for the trouble, sir~

You mean you want to restore some images blocked by uc browser, right? If yes, we suggest you to go to menu-tools-ad block-ad flagging management, and after that, pls delete the image you block. Hope that we can help you.

If you still have the problem, pls feel free to contact us for help. We will try our best to help you.

Have a nice day~
Post time: Yesterday 18:24
| Show all posts
Iam using Uc Browser From Past 2 Years No problem Faced till Now and i really loved UC Browser Due to its Extra features Like data saving mode,Download videos,Inbuilt Video Player Etc
I dont know why you are facing problem
You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

Dark room|Mobile|UCWeb Inc.    

24-2-17 20:34 GMT+8