| |

UC FORUM

Forgot password?
 register
View: 336|Reply: 2

[Others] Does the UC team have a plan to update the chromium engine of UC browser for PC

[Copy link]
Post time: 5-4-17 09:52:36
| Show all posts |Read mode
Edited by zabir512 at 6-4-17 05:22

Uc browser for PC currently using older Chromium Engine. Because of this, I'm facing problems like:

• I'm not able to use some useful extensions (Like Session Buddy etc etc) because of older chromium. It recommend me to update.
  • Today I faced Facebook tab hanged while watching video (happened twice in a row). Hanged mean just hanged. But not the other tabs. Just the Facebook video tab hanged. Then I closed it with browser task manager (cntrl+alt+shift+T). Opened it again,  a few seconds later again the same problem. Did the same as before, now  worked. I don't know it is because of Chromium Engine or not. (I had 60+ tabs opened, but it is common for me, so many tabs. this happens often 20-30 tabs. ).
  • Before today, I faced more several problems, But sorry I can't remember those. I forget things very easily . May be one of them is, a few days ago, faced some problems in a google forum. I apologize can't remember now. But as it has happened today, so I'm writing it down now.

Is it so hard to update a engine of a browser? I mean, do the developer team have to spend much time and effort to update a engine. I don't know about it. And how many of uc users using pc browser? I know most ucers are mobile user. But, are the pc users are so little in amount, that's why it is not updating? I haven't found this specific statistic on ucweb.com.

I love UC browser more than chrome, though it is based on chromium engine. Why love this? so many reasons. List would be long. Better keep this thread simple.UC users know those already
But because of this chromium update, I am stuck in. I'm doubting for last 1 year. Should I continue to use or leave? I left to chrome, decided to use chrome, and used it for some months. Then again go to UC, then again Chrome. And later,now, I planned to use uc only. Using for 2-3 months may be. But again I am planning to leave UC.

I'm an old uc user. from 2010-11. That time j2me based featured phone was popular.I don't want to leave UC browser. I love to use UC. And want to love UC.

--------
Edit:
I wasn't using any heavy App while browsing, just the browser, And some folders opened with Windows explorer.
System Windows 10x64, has 8 GB Memory.
2 GB Grapics memory, DDR5 64 bit NVIDIA GeForce GT 730
Post time: 5-4-17 23:44:33
| Show all posts
This needs to be done ASAP.
Apart from the annoying notices that Chrome is out of date this is a genuine security issue that needs resolving.
Post time: 6-4-17 06:55:14
| Show all posts
You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

Dark room|Mobile|UCWeb Inc.    

25-4-17 16:37 GMT+8

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list