UC FORUM

Forgot password?
 register
View: 1798|Reply: 20

[Help] WidevineCDM

[Copy link]
Post time: 24-4-17 06:45:05
| Show all posts |Read mode
Any news on adding widevinecdm to your browser? Are there any more versions coming out soon that will be updated with new components that will allow this browser to compete with chrome? This is a good browser, but more components need to be added.
Post time: 25-4-17 16:40:13
| Show all posts
What is the widevinecdm about? More information?
If you have any suggestion for UC Browser, we will record it to our tech team,
they will evaluate it and see if they can add to next version~Thanks for your great support~

Post time: 27-4-17 04:26:49
| Show all posts
I'm going to post this information to you about Widevinecdm. I hope that you and your team can understand this, then take it from there. The Widevine Media Optimizer is a browser plugin designed for the viewing of premium video content. The Widevine plugin is commonly used by premium content providers. Or try this one. Widevine Content Decryption Module: This allows Chrome to play DRM-protected HTML5 video and audio, like you'd find on Netflix. Native Client: This allows developers to run C or C++ code on a web site. This should explain all of your questions.
Post time: 27-4-17 19:37:51
| Show all posts
caspertheghost 27-4-17 04:26
I'm going to post this information to you about Widevinecdm. I hope that you and your team can under ...

Hi bro,
We got your meaning well.
It is great idea,and our tech team will do their best to optimize it,hope you can wait patiently.
Wish you a nice day dear~
Post time: 28-4-17 03:29:26
| Show all posts
Thank you. Please keep me informed as to when this update add on is complete. By the way, how do current users of UC Browser find out or are kept informed of when newer versions of this browser is available?
Post time: 28-4-17 17:58:31
| Show all posts
caspertheghost 28-4-17 03:29
Thank you. Please keep me informed as to when this update add on is complete. By the way, how do cur ...

Hi Buddy,
You're an expert aren't you We really welcome more users like you to always offer us more suggestions.

And we're sorry that we don't have special way to informed our users when new version comes out. We suggest users to check via Menu>Check for the latest update. Do you have any good ideas? Or we can add some new extensions to inform?
Post time: 29-4-17 08:20:34
| Show all posts
Well, if you're not against what I'm about to suggest, I would think about, try to, or implement this method. Put out a notice to all UC browser users through email. Of course you'd have to find a way to have all UC users send their email to you as a mailing list, and then you all could send out daily, weekly or monthly notices to all. You and your team (If possible) should build a mailing list of UC Browser users. Someone should be in charge of that.
What do you think? Is something like that a possibility from your end? I'm positive that UC users would jump on that. I would be more than glad to give you all an email address to stay informed.
Post time: 29-4-17 08:22:03
| Show all posts
People don't always come to forums, but we check our emails every single day.
Post time: 29-4-17 18:55:32
| Show all posts
caspertheghost 29-4-17 08:20
Well, if you're not against what I'm about to suggest, I would think about, try to, or implement thi ...

Hi dear friend,

For this advice, I think to built a mailing list would be a very difficult problem, because there are too many users of UC, and new users are increasing, right? And we need to keep updating the new users, and also need a large enough mail box to send email.

I got an idea, how about when our new update comes out, we pop up a promotion when users open UC Browser, so we can remind them to update? What do you think? Will you think this pop up too annoyed?
Post time: 29-4-17 22:02:25
| Show all posts
That sounds great, but would it work due to the fact that people use add block and other types of pop up blockers? Would these add blocks and pop up blockers affect what you are suggesting when we would open up UC Browser? People tend to use these because of the annoyance, but from what I've seen, I don't see why anyone would be against this especially when they are always asking about updates to UC Browser.
But then again, that can be done manually by just going to the icon in the upper right hand corner, clicking it, then go to "Check for latest update" I'm pretty sure that UC Browser users do this quite often. This may be the only way. Guess we'll just have to leave it as it is.
Post time: 30-4-17 20:30:34
| Show all posts
caspertheghost 29-4-17 22:02
That sounds great, but would it work due to the fact that people use add block and other types of po ...

Hi buddy,

Thanks for replying again~

I think you're right, for the block problem, we need to forward this suggestion to our tech team to optimize it. And that's what I'm going to do now

Thank you again for your great idea, and if you have more thoughts, just feel free to share with us~ We really pay closed attention to users' advice very much

Wish you a wonderful day~
Post time: 1-5-17 06:37:36
| Show all posts
No problem. And thank you for your quick and timely responses. I'm definitely going to keep my eyes open for that Widevine Content Decryption Module plugin on the next version of UC Browser. It would really make you the envy of other startup browsers. Until then, Carry On!
Post time: 1-5-17 06:48:33
| Show all posts
Just one more thing. WidevineCdm isn't only for viewing netflix. It's also works for other sites where this is needed in order to view their video content. It's an excellent component to have added. Again, Carry On!
Post time: 1-5-17 17:03:55
| Show all posts
caspertheghost 1-5-17 06:48
Just one more thing. WidevineCdm isn't only for viewing netflix. It's also works for other sites whe ...

We got ya bro!
It sounds like an excellent component which could help us to solve viewing netflix problem. Let's see what assessment our tech team will make for it~

Carry on~
Post time: 2-5-17 12:26:50
| Show all posts
Sorry about being a pest, but I have another question about something. I'd like for you to go to this website, 123movieshd.to on the UC Browser and see what happens for you. It's a website where you can watch all the latest movies, older movies and t.v. shows. When I try and go to it, it tells me that "Your connection is not private" What does that mean? When I use google chrome for this site, I have no problems viewing it. I have noticed other websites that UC Browser will not allow you to connect to. Can you explain this?
Post time: 2-5-17 19:50:17
| Show all posts
caspertheghost 2-5-17 12:26
Sorry about being a pest, but I have another question about something. I'd like for you to go to thi ...

Hey bro,

It's really weird that you can't watch it. Because it plays normally when I open it. This is the screenshot. Would you plz try to clear cache and disabling the extensions one by one,check the fire wall settings to see if set any limitation for that and turn on/off speed mode/cloud boost then retry?

If problem still persist, plz feel free to contact us and also send us screenshot for further check

Good day~
UCBrowser.png
UCBrowser.png
Post time: 3-5-17 06:50:23
| Show all posts
Question? What operating system are you using when you do this? I'm using windows xp. I wonder if that has anything to do with it? I think that the error code that I'm receiving indicates this. I don't think it's a firewall problem because if it was, I wouldn't be able to view the site on google chrome. I really don't want to upgrade my OS because I love xp, but I think if I did upgrade to windows 7, I'd be able to view this site with UC Browser.
It could be an OS system issue all together. I'm old skool.
Post time: 3-5-17 07:03:53
| Show all posts
My windows firewall is off, but my AVG Anti Virus firewall is on. Don't want to mess with that. Quess I'll just have to deal with not being able to use UC for this site. I REALLY want UC to be my go to browser for all of my needs.
Post time: 3-5-17 17:09:45
| Show all posts
I'm not familiar with taking screenshots. How do you do that?
Post time: 3-5-17 18:08:10
| Show all posts
caspertheghost 3-5-17 17:09
I'm not familiar with taking screenshots. How do you do that?

Hi buddy,

I got your point, but would you offer me the screenshot of comparison of this link opening normally with Built-in Browser and can't play with UC browser so I can ask our tech team to follow this problem? You can click "Advance Mode" at the right top of the reply box, then you can attach pics~

Sorry for bringing you inconvenience~
Post time: 11-6-17 21:16:03
| Show all posts
Hi Cindy,
I've been away for awhile so I'm checking in for any updates you can give me on an updated version of uc and how's it going with your tech team and the widevinecdm component?
You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

Dark room|Mobile|UCWeb Inc.    

20-11-17 21:41 GMT+8

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list