Forgot password?
 register
Author: NeroMorte

[Solved] Connection Failed Error Message

Close [Copy link]
Post time: 15-1-09 08:51:15
| Show all posts |Read mode
Hello My Phone is Samsung Behold SGH-T919

I download UCWEB Witch was Posted Here: http://www.samsung-behold.com/ne ... er-software-bundle/

The application opens up fine when whenever i try to enter a web page i get Error:

Error
Connection failed[dispatch], Please check network configuration.

Now other people on the Samsung-Behold.com Web site Report this software working with there phone fine.

I also Uninstalled and try Download right from UCweb.com and i get same error message.

My Page Information Displays:
Java HEAP Size 2.2 MB
Free Memory 1.0 MB

Can anyone help me i'd really like to use this browser on my phone.

Thanks, Morte

[ Last edited by NeroMorte at 15-1-2009 08:55 ]
Post time: 15-1-09 09:52:33
| Show all posts
My Service Provider is T-mobile.

I Gave the Ucweb 6.3 a Try and i get this Error now:

Interconnection Failure
recommended links on the opening of local operators GPRS related businesses.
Mobile Card:
Click here for Dial-up
Unicom Card:
Click here for Dial-up
Click to enter Home

I Click on Dial-up for both and Click Make A... and it does nothing.
Post time: 15-1-09 10:02:19
| Show all posts
Defualt Browser works Fine, Opera Mini works fine on the phone
Post time: 15-1-09 10:25:47
| Show all posts
I asked T-mobile about Different Access Points they just tell me this phones net work can not be configured.

Yea when you Admin Secret Menus you can Change the Access points. ( Have to do this to get Defualt browser to be Full HTML Browser. )

Samsung and T-mobile pertty much tell me there nothing they can do I've been calling them twice a day for 3 days now and everyone i get tells me same damn thing.

Yet People on Samsung-behold.com Forums tell me these software works fine on there phone. So why won't it work on mine i don't get it.
Post time: 16-1-09 03:21:54
| Show all posts
Under Network & Call settings > UAgent - (PHP/VPP/R5NetFront/3.4SMM-MMS/1.2.0profile/MIDP-2.0configuration/CLDC-1.1)
Under Internals > Protocol settings UAgent - (PHP/VPP/R5NetFront/3.4SMM-MMS/1.2.0profile/MIDP-2.0configuration/CLDC-1.1) Same

Not much for settings there think its more of a Version.

I Did a Master Reset on Phone so Opera-mini is not even installed no more only java app i have is Ucweb ATM, And I've had 85 apps installed on this phone at one time Testing them so this phone can handle alot installed at once.

Opera Mini Did not come preinstalled on phone i had to manually install it.

Thanks for Checking on how to configure the application settings to allow a particular access point.

Another Question What Defualt Access point Name do Ucweb look for maybe i can just create that Profile with that Name and use the Correct settings and it'll work?

ATM i have the follow

Browser
MMS
Java
IM
MyFaves
DM profile
_TMO_DS_

If you want to know what i have for Settings let me know witch one.

Thanks everyone for helping me out so much Thus Far

****** EDIT *****

Interesting Instead of Downloading Though phone Default Browser to Install Ucweb 6.3, I Used TK File Explorer ON PC and Connected USB to Install Ucweb 6.3 and Now it's working fine.

I Toyed around with this some and it Seems When you Install it on Web Browser it Installs as File Name UCWEB6.JAR and UCWEB6.JAD but the MANIFEST.MF Clear is Giving Acess to Application Name MIDlet-Name: UCWEB6.3

So i Installed from the Phone Default Web Browser Used TK Explorer to Edit file from UCWEB6.JAR to UCWEB6.3.JAR Sam with JAD And i Had to Delete appdb because it was also trying to use UCWEB6.

Once i Did that it worked

Any Change you can tell me what Class to edit so that it installs as UCWEB6.3 and not UCWEB6.

I Searched all the Class files and didn't see it. is my JAD file Wrong.
  1. MIDlet-Jar-Size: 258755
  2. MIDlet-Jar-URL: ucweb6.3.jar
  3. Manifest-Version: 1.0
  4. MIDlet-Name: UCWEB6.3
  5. MIDlet-1: UCWEB6.3,/l.png,WebClient
  6. MIDlet-Version: 6.3.2
  7. MIDlet-Vendor: UCWEB
  8. MicroEdition-Profile: MIDP-2.0
  9. MicroEdition-Configuration: CLDC-1.0
  10. MIDlet-Permissions-Opt: javax.microedition.io.Connector.http,javax.mic
  11. MIDlet-Touch-Support: True
  12. UseNativeTextButtons: false
  13. ReverseSoftkeys: true
  14. UseNativeCommands: false
Copy the Code
Thanks

[ Last edited by NeroMorte at 16-1-2009 04:25 ]
Post time: 16-1-09 05:05:55
| Show all posts
I'm using Mod Version 6.3

I Found a way to get it working just i would like it so People can go to my web-site and download it easy without having to have USB Cables and Program TKExplorer, Seems it's Installing with wrong File Name.

Here is what i Did.
****** EDIT *****

Interesting Instead of Downloading Though phone Default Browser to Install Ucweb 6.3, I Used TKFileExplorer ON PC and Connected USB to Install Ucweb 6.3 and Now it's working fine.

I Toyed around with this some and it Seems When you Install it on Web Browser it Installs as File Name UCWEB6.JAR and UCWEB6.JAD but the MANIFEST.MF Clear is Giving Acess to Application Name MIDlet-Name: UCWEB6.3

So i Installed from the Phone Default Web Browser Used TKExplorer to Edit file from UCWEB6.JAR to UCWEB6.3.JAR Same with JAD And i Had to Delete appdb because it was also trying to use UCWEB6.

Once i Did that it worked

Any Change you can tell me what I Need to edit so that it installs as UCWEB6.3 and not UCWEB6.

It Seems Samsung Phones If MIDlet-Name: UCWEB6.3 it will Save as UCWEB6 Ignoring the . and the 3

If i change it to like MIDlet-Name: UCWEB63 it installs file name as UCWEB63

Any Ideas to get this to install with right File Name.

Thanks

P.S. Either Way i do have it working Now, I do thank you guys for your Help. If you can help me Further to Install from Phone Browser so that it works that would be sweet if not it's all Good I'm just happy its working now.

Thanks again.

[ Last edited by NeroMorte at 16-1-2009 05:10 ]
You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

Dark room|Mobile|UCWeb Inc.    

24-11-14 02:32 GMT+8