> Nokia Cooker is a PC software reserved to the Cookers, which allows to modify the files containingthe phone's firmware to create customized firmwares versions named Cooked-Firmware.
> Nokia Cooker can modify data whichis located in:
> It can't modify data located in the CORE yet.
> Not all the ROFS/ROFx can be modded!
> Modding a protected ROFS/ROFx you'll risk to brick the phone.
> If you aren't sure that your ROFS/ROFx can be modded, don't do it.
> The modding of the UDA, instead, is always a safe operation. NokiaCooker BETA
- Change-Log: 0.6 -
New: you can now create cooked fw for N8 (UDA/FAT only) Not the Rofs2 or Rofs3.
- New: Added a smart CRC-Fixer:
There will be no more CRC warnings in Phoenix!
- Improved: Replaced checkbox withbutton for ROFS resize
- Improved: Sligtly GUI improvements
- Improved: Better performances when showing folders with a lot of files 0.5
- New: you can now create cooked fw for N8 (UDA/FAT only)
- New: added a checkbox to allow resizing of ROFS/ROFx images.
- Fixed: FAT/UDA editor wasn't working properly. 0.4.3
- Improved: Log Window can be resized
- Improved: The OBY is created trying to keep the same file order as in the original firmware.
- Fixed: Warnings raised from the RofsBuild.exe command will be shown in the log window and the repack will complete successfully.
If the RofsBuild.exe raised an error, the repack will not be completed. 0.4.2
- Fixed: Some ROFS file were skipped during the Rebuild if the file was in a very long path like: "C:\Documents and Settings\Root\Desktop\NokiaCooker BETA 0.4.1\Files\private\10203636\security\trustroots\d evice\certificates\TMO_trusted_third_party_certifi cate.cer"
- Improved: Shows warning messages raised from the RofsBuild.exe command
- Improved: ROFX Rebuild 0.4
- New: FAT32 file-system is now supported. (X6 UDA is in FAT32 format)
- New: Extension Column in the grid. So you can easily remove unneeded languages files from the ROFS
- New: Experimental ROFx support... It should work but NEEDS TO BE TESTED!
- New: Automatically creates a Backup File when repacking firmware.
- Improved: FAT Detection
- Fixed: ROFS Rebuild for N97 PLEASE
NOTE: This tool is very easy touse, but it is always a tool for experts and smart people, it is not for everyone!
If you remove or replace some critical system component, your phone will dead at 100%, you have to know exactly which is the purpose of the files that you remove/replace!
[ Last edited by Nimit_mak at 21-11-2010 19:42 ]